Plumbers L.U. 130 Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Plumbers L.U. 130 Chicago

A place for local 130 plumbers to gather and discuss issues related to plumbers local 130 and the plumbing industry in chicago.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good and Bad with every Union

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
130plbr

130plbr

Good and Bad with every Union Empty
PostSubject: Good and Bad with every Union   Good and Bad with every Union EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 11:30 pm

It is about time somebody did this I am also a 25+ year member who has been off injured for the last 3 years after 4 surgeries I am about 2 months from returning to work excited because I love to work but scared because is there going to be any work? Also I have heard and read alot of gripes with the B.As but from my experience they have taken good care of me and my family I was hurt on the job my employer has fought my workcomp claim tooth and nail from day 1 but back to our local they have kept my family insured with all benefits that most employers would have stopped and this includes other unions I am not saying they are the best but they sure saved us thousands of dollars and I can not thank them enough and I am a nobody there no political connections what so ever I know all my local brothers and sisters this is the toughest times we have seen but we have been through similar back in the 80s alot of us were delivering pizza snowplowing what ever it took so we just need to stand together and we will get past this.And to any other injured workers out there get a good attorney these contractors and insurance companies will screw you I found out first hand I highly recommend The Law Offices of Jason Rubens in Chicago 312-201-9640 I has known and used Jason before we have become good friends he is not your typical lawyer I have sent other 130 members to him along with family members and they all loved him hopefully none of you need him Happy and hopefully a better New Year
Back to top Go down
P74S

PostSubject: Re: Good and Bad with every Union   Good and Bad with every Union EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey, thanks for the info! I am currently sitting home w/ an injury, and hope I don't have to take things that far. I may be laid off as soon as I go back to work, and I heard it was bad in the 80's. I understand what you mean about doing what it takes to keep $$$ coming in. We can help each other here, which is pretty cool. I've been in the trade for 13 years now, and this is the worst I've seen. But I remain positive...On that note, I think I'm gonna run out and get some cheap beer and drink about it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good and Bad with every Union   Good and Bad with every Union EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Great post ! This is exactly why i set this site up. Its a great way to communicate and help each other out. Make new friends and catch up with old friends. Or just speak your mind.
Back to top Go down
https://plumberslu130.board-directory.net
cpw

PostSubject: Re: Good and Bad with every Union   Good and Bad with every Union EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 am

I like the comment but i know first hand that the ba's are not doing there job.They have been called out lots of times on jobs in the territory that i usually work in and only once or twice have they showed up and when they do they say well they are pretty much done if they would have showed up the first time we called it would have been a different story.I understand how the helped you out with your injury problem and thats great,but overall they are just plain lazy and them just like the politicians running our gov. now forget that we pay there salaries not the other way around!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good and Bad with every Union   Good and Bad with every Union Empty

Back to top Go down

Good and Bad with every Union
Page 1 of 1